Ideas to get you started planning your vegan Christmas dinner menu


I love Christmas. I love it so much, I get to enjoy it twice: once in the planning, and once in the actual doing. I love dreaming up all the things I'm going to cook at Christmas, Boxing Day, and beyond: from the big spread on the day itself to all the little dishes that make up the buffet lunch on Boxing Day, when you're too stuffed to move but you still have room for another (vegan) sausage roll.

When it comes to Christmas dinner, there's one element that doesn't change: I always make a big old smoked tofu and cashew loaf, modelled on this recipe from the Vegetarian Society. Everything else? That's up for grabs. Some years there are vegan yorkshire puddings, while more recently I've started adding slow braised red cabbage, filled with Christmas spices. Some times there are pigs in blankets (no pigs involved, of course) and I'm always experimenting with how best to cook up the crispiest roasties.

With Christmas a few weeks away, I've been scrolling endlessly through recipes, wondering what to add to this year's heaving Christmas dinner table. Any thoughts on what I should make? Let me know in the comments below. In the meantime, here are a few ideas to get me thinking...

Mains
Roasties
Pigs in blankets


Stuffing


Vegetable sides

Everything in one place


Comments

  1. We've been having braised red cabbage since I was wee and I love it! I usually just throw some brown sugar and balsamic vinegar in there and cross my fingers :D I also swear by Nigella's roast potato trick, polenta, which is more or less the same as the Sainsbury's one I think. Eeeeeeeeeee food! Christmas cake! Stuffing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts