Eurostar's vegan breakfast: What you get for brekkie with a standard premier ticket

 If you're reading this, you're probably a vegan. I certainly am. If you're a vegan, you've probably found yourself doing more research into eating options than the average non-vegan: does that town have any vegan restaurants? Does that restaurant have good vegan options? Do I need to bring my own lunch, or can I grab something while I'm there? You get the idea.  

Having recently scored a cheap standard premier ticket for the Eurostar (if you book far enough in advance, you can get them for a few quid more than the normal ticket) for an early morning connection between London and Brussels. I took to googling 'eurostar vegan breakfast'. And do you know what I found? Almost nothing. A few pics from 2019, but certainly not the usual vegan outpouring of pictures and reviews that you normally get when you try and scare up the local vegan options.

So consider this as my gift to people who Google 'eurostar vegan breakfast' – here's exactly what you get:


My  tray managed to cover all the breakfast basics – there's a bit of fruit, some orange juice and water, and a coffee cup that was refilled a pleasing amount of times. But there's also some unexpected vegan goodies – a mango-flavoured coconut yoghurt and that 'is it a crumble? Is it a pudding? Is it a cake?' number at the bottom.

For the purposes of this little review, I'm going to call it a crumble, though I'm not quite sure if that's the best description for it. What is the best description is actually really delicious – it was a great, dense, cake-y texture and lots of tart berries to cut through the sweetness. I actually really enjoyed it.

I didn't have high hopes for what a vegan breakfast might look like at 8am, 75 metres under the Channel, but this was really decent. For people stumbling on this post looking for what sort of breakfast they've got to look forward to – here you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.




1 comment

  1. Nice to hear from you Joey! I 've missed seeing your lovely meals. We were actually on the Eurostar earlier in the year and got a rushed snack from a French bakery between our train alighting from Zurich and having to run like the wind to get to the Eurostar just before it pulled out. I wish we had had more time in Paris but now I wish even more I'd had time to get a premium ticket and spend some time in Belgium. That is a very impressive vegan tray for a train trip! Oh and I also thought of you when we were looking for a good veg nut roast in London!

    ReplyDelete