Where to eat vegan at the Boiler House, Brick Lane

I should really have called this 'all the chuffing amazing places you can eat delicious vegan food in the Boiler House, Brick Lane', but that's not exactly a snappy blog post title, is it really?

Anyway, for a small food court in the middle of north London, the Boiler House has more than its fair share of vegan food stalls, so get yourself down there and stuff your face.

The first place I normally go is Ethiopiques, an all vegan Ethiopian food stall that will offer you an obscene amount of food for £5, which in London is pretty much the value equivalent of your toenail clippings. It's pretty much nothing, especially in terms of buying a meal that's really tasty and will leave you in the very nicest kind of food coma.

The other thing I like about Ethiopiques is that you get a whole metric shedload of different dishes in one plate, so you get to try a little bit of everything - and you get a load of injera to mop up your plate with. Heaven! If I had to pick a favourite among this little plate of wonders is the little mince dish - so good. 

There's also another Ethiopian food stall at the Boiler Room that also does a similarly diverse plate for a similarly cheap price and it's all vegan too. How's that for a result?


There's also a Turkish food stall, which if memory serves, goes by the name of Turkish Food Stall or something does-what-it-says-on-the-tin similar, which sells vegan spinch gozleme and falafel too.

And if that wasn't enough to fill your boots with, there's also Pomodoro e Basilico, knocking out quality vegan burgers of various stripes, along with pizza slices, fries, and various sweet treats.

I've enjoyed Pomodoro e Basilico's lovely vegan filled pasta and tiramisu previously, and on my last visit I tried to eat at as many vegan places as I could by picking up this rather lovely chocolate and orange cookie...


And then for good measure, I went to visit Peanut Butter Bakery, purveyor of vegan donuts.

When I stopped by, there were a number of exciting flavours on offer - I thought it would be rude not to try a couple, including one Oreo version and a handsome berry number.

I suggest you sit down before you attempt these donuts as these, my friends, are serious donuts. They are beautiful, they are tasty, and they are large. Me and Mr Flicking the Vs has to split one between two of us I should add that we'd just had the Ethiopian and the cookie by this point, we probably could have done one each if we'd been on top form.

I guess there's something to be said for restraint and the half a donut that goes with it: it just means we had another donut for the next day. If that's not a reason to celebrate the Boiler Room, I'm not sure what is.


Comments

  1. Wow - I am yet to eat at an ethiopian place but that plate of food makes me want to rush out for some - and your doughnuts look so good - I had a disappointing doughnut from a fancy doughnut shop recently (what does it say that I manage to visit the fancy doughnut shop but not any of our fine ethiopian restaurants!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove injera <3. That plate looks so full and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking plate of Ethiopian food! And also, any bakery with peanut butter in its name is a place meant to be visited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my days - the first plate looks delicious!!!! Vegan donuts are always a win!


    www.hayleyloves.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could have stopped with the Ethiopian place and that would have been enough for me. I love Ethiopian food, and I'm with you on the fabulous variety that comes on one plate. The only thing that would make it better in my book is if the injera were made with 100% teff. I love the deep sour flavor of the traditional dark colored bread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two Ethiopian food stalls in one place? What I wouldn't do for just one, the plate looks incredible. And donuts too? They should really just rename the place Vegan Heaven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I have come to like Ethiopian cuisine mostly thanks to some people who volunteer at the place I work and have been bestowed berbers. I got told by a number of Ethiopian and Eritrean people that you don't have to make Injera with teff and a cook has even used chapati flour to make it which got me intrigued as all i read is that it must be made with teff. What a fab little place, i've only ever been to Brick Lane once (on may blog) but it was mostly for the graffiti art, if I was to go again I will check out this place and the eats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts