Bratwurst stew recipe - something this easy shouldn't taste so good

Just a quick post on what I made for dinner. It was this:


It may not look particularly exciting - it may even look like what happens when you let a toddler loose with a bag of sausages, some tomato ketchup and too much tartrazine - but oh no, it's a pretty darn tasty stew.  So surprised was I as to its goodness, I had to post it up and share the love.

Alongside its royal sausageyness and chickpeaness, the main flavours are paprika, mustard and tomato. Yes, that's one a menage a trois made in heaven.

It gets bonus points for being one of those use-up-everything-in the-back-of-the-cupboard kind of recipes. It also gets yet more bonus points for requiring no effort - aside from minimal chopping, you just have to give it an occasional stir and half an hour or so later, voila. Anything you can make while reading a book and still have it turn out this good is worth passing on.

The recipe is courtesy of The Guardian's food and drink section (it's not vegan, but is very easily veganisable) and you can find it here.





Comments

  1. It looks exciting to me and the recipe sounds really tasty! I reckon my husband and son would really like this so I'm going to give it a try in our cooler months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts